Vassilios Ikonomidis is the founder and Managing Partner of V. D. Ikonomidis and Associates. He is a graduate of the Athens Law School, the University of Munich and the University “Northumbria University” of the United Kingdom. His practice focuses mainly on the areas of corporate law, international commercial law and M&As, as well as on the strategic planning, legal project management and on corporate cases coordination. In this context, he has acted at an advisory and judicial level, for many international and national clients carrying out business in the sectors of IT, technology, pharmaceutical products and healthcare, real estate, tourism and yachting. He has also been ranked by “Chambers Europe” as a Recognized Practitioner in Dispute Resolution.
Indicatively, he has handled the following cases:
- Software Development and Technology Services Agreements
- Transfer of businesses and business sectors
- Real estate and investments
- Exclusive Distribution Agreements and Agency
- Operating and Financial Leasing Agreements
- National and International Factoring Agreements
- Dispute resolution relating to trademarks’ infringement and unfair competition
- Bank Contracts (credit agreements, current account agreements, negotiations on bank loans and debt restructuring, bank guarantees, loans securities)
- Stem cell storage Agreements
Admitted to the Athens Bar in 2001
- Northumbria University, United Kingdom (LL.M. distance learning, International Commercial Law, 2013)
- Ludwig-Maximilians Universitat-Muenchen (LL.M. Specialization in Commercial – Civil Law, 2001)
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Law School (LL.B., 1998)
- Active legitimation in case of damage or total destruction of a movable property – Beneficiary is the leasing company or the lessee in a leasing contract (comments on decision), published on NOMOS, in Business and Company Law 2007, p. 1325 seq., in EPIDIKIA 2007, p. 387 seq.
- «Active and passive legitimation in civil actions – Case-law 1980-2000», published in Poinika Hronika 2001, p. 200 seq.